Small and medium sized manufacturers and water treatment and wastewater treatment plants may be eligible to receive a no-cost assessment provided by DOE Industrial Assessment Centers. There are 37 centers around the country and they conduct energy assessments to identify opportunities for improving productivity, maximize energy efficiency and reduce waste. The IAC team performs detailed process analysis to generate specific recommendations with estimate costs, performance and payback periods. Within 60 days the plant receives a confidential report detailing the analysis, findings and recommendations.
- Small and mid-sized manufacturing plants in Standard Industrial Classification
Codes 20 - 39 and NAICS 311 to 339, and water treatment and wastewater treatment
- Located within 150 to 250 miles of a host campus.
- Meeting the following criteria:
- Within Standard Industrial Codes (SIC) 20-39 for manufacturing facilities.
- Within North American Industry Classification System (NAICS) 311-339 for manufacturing facilities.
- Water treatment plants (NAICS 221310) and waste water treatment plants (NAICS
- Within 250 miles of a host campus.
- Gross annual sales below $100 million.
- Fewer than 500 employees at the plant site.
- Annual utility bills more than $100,000 and less than $3.5 million.
- Lack of in-house professional staff to perform the assessment.