Small and medium sized manufacturers may be eligible to receive a no-cost assessment provided by DOE Industrial Assessment Centers. There are 28 centers around the country and they conduct energy assessments to identify opportunities for improving productivity, maximize energy efficiency and reduce waste. The IAC team performs detailed process analysis to generate specific recommendations with estimate costs, performance and payback periods. Within 60 days the plant receives a confidential report detailing the analysis, findings and recommendations.
- Small and mid-sized manufacturing plants in Standard Industrial Classification Codes 20 - 39 and NAICS 311 to 339.
- Located within 250 miles of a host campus.
- Meeting the following criteria:
- Within Standard Industrial Codes (SIC) 20-39.
- Within North American Industry Classification System (NAICS) 311-339.
- Within 250 miles of a host campus.
- Gross annual sales below $100 million.
- Fewer than 500 employees at the plant site.
- Annual utility bills more than $100,000 and less than $2.5 million.
- No in-house professional staff to perform the assessment.